Bug report #8295
Installation of an experimental plugin (LecoS) crashes the plugin manager
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||17091|
1. Open QGIS
2. Go to "Plugins -> Manage and Install Plugins"
3. Mark "Show also experimental plugins" in "Settings"
4. Search for "LecoS" in "Get more"
5. Install plugin
6. A warning appears:
"Please install scipy (http://scipy.org/) in your QGIS Python path."
7. An error message appears, related to pyplugin_installer.instance().installPlugin('LecoS'), see "LecoS installation error 1.txt"
8. The GUI apparently freezes, but I am able to close QGIS
9. Open QGIS
10. The scipy warning again
11. Another error related this time to pyplugin_installer.initPluginInstaller(), see see "LecoS installation error 2.txt"
12. A third error related to pyplugin_installer.instance().showPluginManagerWhenReady()
13. Go to "Plugins -> Manage and Install Plugins". The plugin manager doesn't open.
Workaround to get the plugin manager again: remove the "LecoS" folder in ".qgis2\\python\\plugins"
#4 Updated by Asier Sarasua over 7 years ago
I have installed the rest of the plugins (also the experimental ones) offered by the official plugin repository.
The only issue has been with Multitemporal Analyzer, which has warned me it is only compatible with QGIS 1.x, but I have accepted the installation and now I have it in a new section of the plugin manager called "Invalid". That doesn's affect the behaviour of the plugin manager window, like LecoS does.
#5 Updated by Martin Jung over 7 years ago
It might have sth. to do with the mandatory dependency scipy, which definitely has to be installed in your QGIS path.
To see if it is available just go to
Python Console and enter
import scipy scipy.version.version
This should give you an output of the version number without issues or import errors, otherwise you need to install scipy again.
I don't know however, why the QGIS plugin manager doesn't open anymore. This behavior didn't occur with the old plugin configuration dialog.
When looking into the second error file i found that the sys.exit(0) command is raised. This happens because of this check-routine at the start of the plugin.
try: import scipy except ImportError: QMessageBox.critical(QDialog(),"LecoS: Warning","Please install scipy (http://scipy.org/) in your QGIS python path.") sys.exit(0)
You need to install scipy.