Bug report #8148
add warning when trying add to canvas a view without a primary key
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||16976|
When trying to add in the canvas a view without a primary key using DB Manager it will fail "silently"***
A error message is issued in the log, but the user can easily miss it.
When adding such view using the standard "add postgis layer" dialog now QGIS issues a much more clear warning that would be nice to be used also for DB Manager:
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Affected QGIS version set to master
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Tracker changed from Feature request to Bug report
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Target version changed from Future Release - Nice to have to Future Release - High Priority
this is a bug, not a feature request.
I should even be a blocker as in the past it was working as expected (I add that many users are finding this new behavior very confusing, especially because in the past was more straightforward).
add a clear message is the least can be done, allowing add views without pk it would be the right thing to do.