Bug report #8033
CRS selector window stopped showing when inserting shapefile with missing projection into project
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||worksforme|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||16877|
In QGIS 1.8, and under QGIS master until very recently, the CRS selector window pops up when inserting into a project a new shapefile with missing projection.
Something regressed in the last few days and new the CRS selector window doesn't appear and instead all shapefiles with missing projection are silently defaulting to WGS 84.
Steps to reproduce:
0. Unzip admin_2010.zip, and notice the absence of .prj projection file for province_region.shp
1. Open a new project
2. Load the attached province_region.shp shapefile into the project
3. At this stage, the user should be asked to set the layer projection, however this step is now missing in latest QGIS master builds
#1 Updated by Mathieu Pellerin - nIRV almost 10 years ago
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Hmm, no bug, only some mysterious voodoo that changed the crs for new layer default setting. Closing, thanks to Nathan for looking into this on IRC.