Bug report #4253
Fix "value tool" issue with GRASS rasters (and make the plugin) core
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14198|
The plugin author seems no more interested/available to fix it. Moreover this tool is fundamental for raster analysis, so it makes a lot of sense to make it core.
#1 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde over 11 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- File valuewidget.py added
- File valuetoolotf.patch added
I thought to try this.
If somebody is willing to test (just take the valuewidget.py and copy over the old one), I'm happy to further put this plugin into git, add this patch, and become the 'assistant' maintainer
#2 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde over 11 years ago
added valuetool to hub.qgis.org/projects r090453e6
make it possible to use on the fly rasters in rf0a573ef
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 11 years ago
- Subject changed from Fix "value tool" python plugin to work with reprojected rasters and make it core to Fix "value tool" issue with GRASS rasters (and make the plugin) core
Hi Richard, thanks for the patch. It has already been applied?
Another issue to fix is about GRASS rasters (I guess we can out another bounty on it): when the mouse pointer exits the extent of the GRASS raster, the tool instead of showing "out of extent" it shows the value of the last pixel it passed over. It is not a critical issue, but it does not help working with GRASS rasters (which is the most of the times a guy does raster analysis and models).
#4 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde over 11 years ago
yes I patched the tool, and uploaded it already to: http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins
I cannot upload it to the old plugin infrastructure (yet) but am told to contact Gary or Borys to make me the new contributor.
I've contacted them now, and if that is finished (and normal users can update the plugin via the normal plugins in qgis) I will close this issue.
Your Grass issue, I now have moved to: #4279 (an issue in the Value Tool project).
#5 Updated by Sandro Santilli over 11 years ago
- Assignee set to Richard Duivenvoorde
looks like being assigned...
#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 11 years ago
- Status changed from Open to 7
#7 Updated by Tim Sutton over 11 years ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- Status changed from 7 to Fixed for bounty
This is fixed please confirm and pay the bounty.
#8 Updated by Tim Sutton over 11 years ago
- Status changed from Fixed for bounty to 10
Ok it really is fixed
#9 Updated by Tim Sutton over 11 years ago
- Status changed from 10 to Bounty paid
Ok Richard has said no need to pay him
#10 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 11 years ago
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Tracker changed from 4 to Bug report
- Affected QGIS version set to master