Bug report #4125

Multilinestring -> linestring failure?

Added by tmitchell - about 8 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:Normal
Assignee:cfarmer -
Category:Processing/QGIS
Affected QGIS version:master Regression?:
Operating System:OSX Easy fix?:
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:worksforme
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:14106

Description

Take the attached shapefile "Line.shp", load it as a layer, select Vector-> Geometry Tools -> Multipart to Single parts. Choose "Line" layer, select and output, select OK. The result, when confirmed with "ogrinfo -al" shows it's still multipart.

Am I expecting too much from the tool or is it a bug? I noticed the problem since I was using the great line->poly tool - which then created polys for each multipart feature, a real mess with this file :)

Thanks for any help!

line_shp.zip - Zipped shapefile example (84.6 KB) tmitchell -, 2011-08-01 08:05 AM

single_shp.zip (82.3 KB) Giovanni Manghi, 2011-10-15 04:51 AM

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 8 years ago

  • File single_shp.zip added
  • Target version deleted (Version 1.7.0)
  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

I have just tested and the result is a linestring for me (checked also with PostGIS). Please check and leave feedback.

#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 8 years ago

  • Target version set to Version 1.7.4

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
  • Affected QGIS version set to master
  • Resolution set to worksforme

Closing for lack of feedback. Reopen if necessary.

#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago

The "ftools" category is being removed from the tracker, changing the category of this ticket to "Processing/QGIS" to not leave the category orphaned.

Also available in: Atom PDF