Bug report #276
identify feature on Fedora core 5
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Fedora||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||10335|
1. I am working on a Fedora core 5 PC and I have installed Qgis 0.8 preview 2.
When I load a shapefile and I try to use the "Identify feature" (i) to get information on a specific polygon QGIS crashes and exits without any warning. I had the same problem with the preview 1.
2. Also the SPIT feature has never worked for me. I have been able to convert shapefiles to postgis using the command shp2pgsql of postgis but SPIT always produces error report (connection is succesful)
#3 Updated by Martin Dobias about 14 years ago
I can't reproduce the crash with identify feature tool. Could you please provide more information:
- When does it happen - always or sometimes?
- It crashes when activating the tool or when clicking canvas to identify the feature?
- With only a particular type of vector features?
- With particular data or with any data and any provider (OGR/PostGIS/GRASS)?