Bug report #21148
Save project to PostGreSQL doesn't work with PostGreSQL 9.4 and older
|Affected QGIS version:||3.4.4||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows 10 & Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||28966|
The functionality to save a project to PostgreSQL will only work with PostgreSQL versions 9.5 and newer, because:
- the datatype JSONB was introduced in PostgreSQL 9.4
- the ON CONFLICT clause was introduced in PostgreSQL 9.5
- It's possible to check "Allow saving/loading QGIS projects in the database" in the Database Connection Settings for PostgreSQL databases older than version 9.5.
- When this checkbox is checked, it is possible to select Save To -> PostgreSQL in the Menu. After selecting a database, a schema and a project it will show an error that doesn't show the problem is the PostgreSQL version that is being used.
- It's not possible to check the checkbox "Allow saving/loading QGIS projects in the database" for PostgreSQL databases older than version 9.5.
- Somewhere should be mentioned that this functionality only works with version 9.5 and newer.
- Saving projects to PostgreSQL also works in older versions of PostgreSQL