Bug report #20305
Import dwg/dxf no longer working
|Affected QGIS version:||3.4.0||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||28126|
(1) in previous versions (3.2) when you selected the location to store your GeoPackage it would let you create a new GeoPackage if you provided a name See upload 1 for error message. Now you have to already have a GeoPackage created.
So when I select an existing GeoPackage I can get to the next step to select a *.dwg file for import.
(2) but when you select your dwg it generates "could not open layer list" and then "Drawing import failed" (upload 2). These are for dwg files that I have successfully imported in the past using 2.18x and 3.2
- allow entering new gpkg filenames (fixes #20305)
- move messagebar to dialog
#3 Updated by Pedro Venâncio almost 3 years ago
- File Import_DWG.jpg added
I confirm both issues.
For the first one, it seems that DWG/DXF Import tool has changed, and the field to Specify GeoPackage database, that was used to "save" a new GeoPackage, now only allows to "select and open" an existing GeoPackage.
The second problem seems related to the first one, because it seems to me that DWG/DXF Import tool in previous versions, created the GeoPackage with a certain structure to conform the objects from the DWG/DXF, with the respective geometry types. Creating a clean GeoPackage before, and selecting it to import the DWG/DXF generates the "could not open layer list" message, both on 3.4 and 2.18.25. I guess that is because the expected structure is not there.