Bug report #20204

QGIS crashes when clicking on attribute table header and clicking on sort

Added by Reginald Carlier almost 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Attribute table
Affected QGIS version:3.2.3 Regression?:No
Operating System:Windows Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:invalid
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:Yes Copied to github as #:28025

Description

As I wanted to sort the table on multiple fields I clicked on the header and after that I clicked on sort.
Result: QGIS 3.2.3 crashes.

Regards,

User Feedback
h2. Report Details
Crash ID: dbe9e8ed85de21334216b3dbd637d3f410b8317b
Stack Trace
QBitArray::QBitArray :
QgsProviderMetadata::description :
QgsExpressionBuilderWidget::updateFunctionTree :
QgsExpressionBuilderWidget::QgsExpressionBuilderWidget :
QgsDualView::modifySort :
QMetaObject::activate :
QAction::activate :
QMenu::actionGeometry :
QMenu::actionGeometry :
QMenu::mouseReleaseEvent :
QWidget::event :
QMenu::event :
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper :
QApplication::notify :
QgsApplication::notify :
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2 :
QApplicationPrivate::sendMouseEvent :
QSizePolicy::QSizePolicy :
QSizePolicy::QSizePolicy :
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper :
QApplication::notify :
QgsApplication::notify :
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2 :
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processMouseEvent :
QWindowSystemInterface::sendWindowSystemEvents :
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents :
TranslateMessageEx :
TranslateMessage :
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents :
qt_plugin_query_metadata :
QEventLoop::exec :
QCoreApplication::exec :
main :
BaseThreadInitThunk :
RtlUserThreadStart :

QGIS Info
QGIS Version: 3.2.3-Bonn
QGIS code revision: 9b176802e5
Compiled against Qt: 5.9.2
Running against Qt: 5.9.2
Compiled against GDAL: 2.2.4
Running against GDAL: 2.2.4

System Info
CPU Type: x86_64
Kernel Type: winnt
Kernel Version: 6.1.7601

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback
  • Priority changed from Normal to High

It happens with all tables from any kind of datasource? try with a new/clean profile.

#2 Updated by Reginald Carlier almost 2 years ago

I tested it on a shapefile and on a postgis layer. both crashed.
At the moment I cannot delete my profile because there are too much scripts and plugins I need.
I tried it on a PC of a colleague and there I was able to sort the field.
It seams like my profile is messed up.

thanks for reply

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Reginald Carlier wrote:

I tested it on a shapefile and on a postgis layer. both crashed.
At the moment I cannot delete my profile because there are too much scripts and plugins I need.
I tried it on a PC of a colleague and there I was able to sort the field.
It seams like my profile is messed up.

or possibly is caused by a 3rd party plugin.

#4 Updated by Reginald Carlier almost 2 years ago

Giovanni,

Can you say how I can start the installed qgis with a clean profile?
Or is there a method to disable all plugins and then turn them on one by one?

Thx,

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

Reginald Carlier wrote:

Giovanni,

Can you say how I can start the installed qgis with a clean profile?
Or is there a method to disable all plugins and then turn them on one by one?

Thx,

in qgis3 you can create as many profiles as you want/need and start/use qgis with one of them.

To disable plugins just go in plugin manager and disable them, or start qgis with the --no-plugins switch.

#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Reginald Carlier wrote:

Giovanni,

Can you say how I can start the installed qgis with a clean profile?
Or is there a method to disable all plugins and then turn them on one by one?

Thx,

in qgis3 you can create as many profiles as you want/need and start/use qgis with one of them.

also you don't need to delete profiles when you create new ones.

#7 Updated by Harrissou Santanna almost 2 years ago

Can you say how I can start the installed qgis with a clean profile?

Menu Settings --> User Profiles --> new profile

#8 Updated by Reginald Carlier almost 2 years ago

Harrissou Santanna wrote:

Can you say how I can start the installed qgis with a clean profile?

Menu Settings --> User Profiles --> new profile

Thanks sharing this ;-)

#9 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

Thanks sharing this ;-)

does it crash on a new profile?

#10 Updated by Reginald Carlier almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Thanks sharing this ;-)

does it crash on a new profile?

No, on a new profile it works fine.
It must be one of the plugins I installed that is making QGIS unstable.
I will have to look into it.

Regards,

Also available in: Atom PDF