Bug report #19969

GDAL_contour not found

Added by Nicole Morgan about 2 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:Normal
Assignee:-
Category:Processing/GDAL
Affected QGIS version:3.2.3 Regression?:No
Operating System:Mac OSX 10.11.6 Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:27791

Description

I am trying to make contours from a base layer using the default contour tool and get "/bin/sh: gdal_contour: command not found"

Read Me.rtf (5.71 KB) Nicole Morgan, 2018-09-28 08:36 PM

History

#1 Updated by Johannes Kroeger about 2 years ago

How exactly did you install QGIS and did you modify anything during the installation process?

#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 2 years ago

  • Category changed from GDAL Tools to Processing/GDAL
  • Priority changed from High to Normal

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

#4 Updated by Nicole Morgan about 2 years ago

Johannes Kroeger wrote:

How exactly did you install QGIS and did you modify anything during the installation process?

I downloaded the .dmg installer from QGIS website and did not make any modifications. I updated to Python 3.6.6, used the GDAL package installer, then the QGIS installer.

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 2 years ago

Nicole Morgan wrote:

Johannes Kroeger wrote:

How exactly did you install QGIS and did you modify anything during the installation process?

I downloaded the .dmg installer from QGIS website and did not make any modifications. I updated to Python 3.6.6, used the GDAL package installer, then the QGIS installer.

are you able to launch any GDAL utility (https://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html) from the command line (I assume that when installing GDAL on macOS the path pointing to those utilities is added to the "PATH" at a system level)?

#6 Updated by Nicole Morgan about 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Nicole Morgan wrote:

Johannes Kroeger wrote:

How exactly did you install QGIS and did you modify anything during the installation process?

I downloaded the .dmg installer from QGIS website and did not make any modifications. I updated to Python 3.6.6, used the GDAL package installer, then the QGIS installer.

are you able to launch any GDAL utility (https://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html) from the command line (I assume that when installing GDAL on macOS the path pointing to those utilities is added to the "PATH" at a system level)?

I read further into the install notes, and it looks like this version does not find external tools. I shouldn't have rushed when installing apparently. The steps suggested in this document worked to get GDAL working.

#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 2 years ago

I read further into the install notes, and it looks like this version does not find external tools. I shouldn't have rushed when installing apparently. The steps suggested in this document worked to get GDAL working.

so... closing?

#8 Updated by Saber Razmjooei about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF