Bug report #198
Identify doesn't work after the first time
|Assignee:||Gavin Macaulay -|
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Linux||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||10257|
1. load a layer
2. use the identify tool and note the dialog box that appears
3. close the dialog box
4. try the identify tool again
5. note that no dialog box appears
6. click on the zoom in tool
7. click on the identify tool
8. the identify tools works again, but once only
#3 Updated by Gavin Macaulay - about 14 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Fixed in SVN 05433ca8 (SVN r5647).
Problem was that under Xwin32, showing a hidden dialog box didn't work. Whether this is a Qt4 or an Xwin32 problem, I don't know.
Commit 05433ca8 (SVN r5647) is a workaround to the problem where whenever the dialog box is closed, it is deleted rather than just hidden. Hence when the user does another identify, a new dialog box is created to show the results rather than showing the hidden one.