Bug report #19599

locator bar crashes QGIS 3.2.1 GNU / Linux Mint 19

Added by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Actions
Affected QGIS version:3.2.1 Regression?:No
Operating System:GNU/Linux Mint 19 Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:fixed/implemented
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:Yes Copied to github as #:27426

Description

just start QGIS Bonn and do ctrl + k the program closes

simplescreenrecorder-2018-08-12_11.15.17.mp4 (1.57 MB) salvatore fiandaca, 2018-08-12 11:17 AM

History

#1 Updated by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago

Object of the problem correction:
locatore bar crash QGIS

#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

  • Subject changed from local bar crash QGIS 3.2.1 GNU / Linux Mint 19 to locator bar crashes QGIS 3.2.1 GNU / Linux Mint 19
  • Status changed from Open to Feedback
  • Crashes QGIS or corrupts data changed from No to Yes

How about on a clean profile?

#3 Updated by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

How about on a clean profile?

I have installed GNU / linux mint 19 recently and also QGIS recently, I have not installed any particular plugins only the default ones

#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

salvatore fiandaca wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

How about on a clean profile?

I have installed GNU / linux mint 19 recently and also QGIS recently, I have not installed any particular plugins only the default ones

data/project makes any difference?

#5 Updated by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

salvatore fiandaca wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

How about on a clean profile?

I have installed GNU / linux mint 19 recently and also QGIS recently, I have not installed any particular plugins only the default ones

data/project makes any difference?

I tried with various data and different projects, QGIS closes as soon as I do ctrl + k.
I add that I find extremely slow the ctrl + k also sooto win 10 but not crasha

#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

salvatore fiandaca wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

salvatore fiandaca wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

How about on a clean profile?

I have installed GNU / linux mint 19 recently and also QGIS recently, I have not installed any particular plugins only the default ones

data/project makes any difference?

I tried with various data and different projects, QGIS closes as soon as I do ctrl + k.
I add that I find extremely slow the ctrl + k also sooto win 10 but not crasha

what about older 3.* releases, same thing?

#7 Updated by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

what about older 3.* releases, same thing?

I compiled the QGIS 3.3 MASTER, the locator bar works well.
What could I do to solve the problem in 3.2.1?

#8 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

I compiled the QGIS 3.3 MASTER, the locator bar works well.
What could I do to solve the problem in 3.2.1?

does qgis-dev installed on Windows with osgeo4w works well a well?

#9 Updated by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

I compiled the QGIS 3.3 MASTER, the locator bar works well.
What could I do to solve the problem in 3.2.1?

does qgis-dev installed on Windows with osgeo4w works well a well?

on windows 10 I have no problems.
I compiled qgis dev on linux mint 19.

3.3.dev qgis works well
qgis 3.2.1 locator bar crashes qgis

#10 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

salvatore fiandaca wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

I compiled the QGIS 3.3 MASTER, the locator bar works well.
What could I do to solve the problem in 3.2.1?

does qgis-dev installed on Windows with osgeo4w works well a well?

on windows 10 I have no problems.

didn't you said that on Windows was very slow? is it different on QGIS master?

#11 Updated by salvatore fiandaca almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

didn't you said that on Windows was very slow? is it different on QGIS master?

in win 10 use OSGeo4w and the first use of the locator bar is very slow but then it works well: this happens for qgis 3.2.1 and 3.3 dev

in linux mint 19 crashes as soon as I do ctrl + k as attached video

#12 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed/implemented
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

salvatore fiandaca wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

didn't you said that on Windows was very slow? is it different on QGIS master?

in win 10 use OSGeo4w and the first use of the locator bar is very slow but then it works well: this happens for qgis 3.2.1 and 3.3 dev

in linux mint 19 crashes as soon as I do ctrl + k as attached video

but as in master is fixed then... is fixed. Can't find any probable commit for this fix, so not sure if has been backported for 3.2.2

Also available in: Atom PDF