Bug report #18239
Corrupted data layer and valuemaps / defaults lost
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Xubuntu 18.04||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||26130|
Running qgis master and editing a shapefile layer. The layer attached in its form as found after Qgis crashed.
After restoring the data the value maps and defaults were lost from the project file.
Qgis 2.99 release e06e95c
Approximate steps undertaken at the time the issue occurred:
1. Creating a new feature in the shapefile layer
2. The feature is not visible on the map.
3. Open the table and the type field is not set (this layer uses styles based on the type field so a null or zero will cause the feature to not be displayed)
4. Set the type value to one of the non-zero values in the value map and save but the feature is still not displayed
5. Go back to the table to check the type value but Qgis crashes instead
6. Restart qgis and open the data table but no data in the table and no features displayed on map
7. Check the file representation and discovered some of the files renamed with _packed added to their names
The project files were created by opening a 2.18 project and then saving it as a separate project file for 2.99
OS299 project is the one that was left when the error occurred
OS299a project is regenerated from the 2.18 project file after renaming the shapefile files to retrieve the data from the layer.