Bug report #18052

QGIS 2.18 can no longer be installed on Debian unstable

Added by Éric Lemoine over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:Jürgen Fischer
Category:Build/Install
Affected QGIS version:2.18.16 Regression?:Yes
Operating System:Linux Debian sid Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:wontfix
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:25948

Description

I am trying to install QGIS 2.18 on Debian unstable/sid through the Debian packages on http://qgis.org/debian/. The installation of the qgis-providers package (a dependency of the qgis package) fails with the following error:

qgis-providers : Depends: libqca2-plugin-ossl but it is not installable

The libqca2-plugin-ossl package indeed doesn't exist anymore. It was replaced by the libqca2-plugins package in Debian sid.


Related issues

Duplicates QGIS Application - Bug report #17615: Can't install latest QGIS 2.18.14 with ubuntugis dependen... Closed 2017-12-04

History

#1 Updated by Jürgen Fischer over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Closed
  • Assignee set to Jürgen Fischer
  • Resolution set to wontfix

Already fixed in the nightlies. The release packages will not change until the next point release.

#2 Updated by Éric Lemoine over 2 years ago

Jürgen Fischer wrote:

Already fixed in the nightlies. The release packages will not change until the next point release.

So until 2.18.17 people on Debian unstable/sid cannot install QGIS 2.18 using packages on qgis.org/debian. That's a bit of a shame :)

#3 Updated by Jürgen Fischer over 2 years ago

Éric Lemoine wrote:

So until 2.18.17 people on Debian unstable/sid cannot install QGIS 2.18 using packages on qgis.org/debian.

Correct. See note on https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu. What's the problem with installing the nightlies instead? You're using unstable anyway.

#4 Updated by Éric Lemoine over 2 years ago

Jürgen Fischer wrote:

Éric Lemoine wrote:

So until 2.18.17 people on Debian unstable/sid cannot install QGIS 2.18 using packages on qgis.org/debian.

Correct. See note on https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu. What's the problem with installing the nightlies instead? You're using unstable anyway.

I am using Debian unstable, but I don't want to use QGIS unstable :) The nightlies are QGIS 2.99, no? I want to use QGIS 2.18 on Debian unstable.

Thanks for your responses.

#5 Updated by Jürgen Fischer over 2 years ago

Éric Lemoine wrote:

I am using Debian unstable, but I don't want to use QGIS unstable :) The nightlies are QGIS 2.99, no?

Depends on what repository you choose - there are nightlies of master, but also of the two release branches. See right below the note on https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu

#6 Updated by Éric Lemoine over 2 years ago

Jürgen Fischer wrote:

Éric Lemoine wrote:

I am using Debian unstable, but I don't want to use QGIS unstable :) The nightlies are QGIS 2.99, no?

Depends on what repository you choose - there are nightlies of master, but also of the two release branches.

Oh you mean https://qgis.org/debian-nightly-release/. I had missed that. I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot!

#7 Updated by Éric Lemoine over 2 years ago

Éric Lemoine wrote:

Oh you mean https://qgis.org/debian-nightly-release/. I had missed that. I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot!

https://qgis.org/debian-nightly-release/ works great. Thanks again.

#8 Updated by Jürgen Fischer over 2 years ago

  • Duplicates Bug report #17615: Can't install latest QGIS 2.18.14 with ubuntugis dependencies on Linux Mint 18 (/ubuntu 16.04) added

Also available in: Atom PDF