Bug report #17457

QGIS freezes when removing joined data

Added by Thorvald S 8 days ago. Updated 7 days ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Attribute table
Affected QGIS version:2.18.14 Regression?:No
Operating System:Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:not reproducable
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:Yes

Description

QGIS freezes forever (leaved the PC on overnight with sleep disabled, still frozen. Had to force close. Did the same thing today, had to force close again.) if you do the following:

  • Make a join with two or more layers.
    • What i did was went into properties for a polygon point layer, then joined with a imported .csv datafile. Only under ~3000 features processed here, under 100kb data.
  • Open the attribute table (new window)
  • Remove columns/fields, or just the entire joined table.
  • QGIS freezes. This could be because something is failing when QGIS is updating the attribute table shown.

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 8 days ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback
  • Priority changed from Normal to High

Please attach sample project/data. Thanks!

#2 Updated by Thorvald S 7 days ago

Followed this guide, tested with the attached data sets (no csvt file though): http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/performing_table_joins.html

Couldn't reproduce the error. Unfortunately I can't attach the whole original dataset, as it contains secret data.

Perhaps it's an issue with point layers?

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 7 days ago

Thorvald S wrote:

Followed this guide, tested with the attached data sets (no csvt file though): http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/performing_table_joins.html

Couldn't reproduce the error. Unfortunately I can't attach the whole original dataset, as it contains secret data.

Perhaps it's an issue with point layers?

so you can only replicate with your dataset?

#4 Updated by Thorvald S 7 days ago

Yes, but the one I just tested with was a polygon layer.

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 7 days ago

Thorvald S wrote:

Yes, but the one I just tested with was a polygon layer.

is difficult for us to get to the bottom of the problem if we can't replicate, could
you build a dataset (with fake data) that shows the issue?

#6 Updated by Thorvald S 7 days ago

Tested with a small 3 feature point layer, couldn't reproduce.
Not able to reproduce at the moment with my original data, but also tried with less joined data. Perhaps it's only an issue when QGIS is rendering huge amounts of data in the attribute window, and a overflow happens.

#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 7 days ago

  • Resolution set to not reproducable
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Thorvald S wrote:

Tested with a small 3 feature point layer, couldn't reproduce.
Not able to reproduce at the moment with my original data, but also tried with less joined data. Perhaps it's only an issue when QGIS is rendering huge amounts of data in the attribute window, and a overflow happens.

Please reopen where you find a clear way to replicate the problem.

Also available in: Atom PDF