Bug report #17249

v.net.report and v.net.nreport

Added by Sergio Antonio almost 3 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:Normal
Assignee:-
Category:Processing/GRASS
Affected QGIS version:2.18.13 Regression?:No
Operating System: Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:up/downstream
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:Yes Copied to github as #:25147

Description

The v.net.repot and v.net.nreport tools are not creating the correct output files. v.net.report has created a file without extension (it should be .txt) with the identification of all the vectors, but without the identification of the respective nodes (it should be: line_category start_point_category end_point_category). v.net.nreport creates a file without extension and empty.

report1.txt Magnifier - v.net.report (4.59 KB) Sergio Antonio, 2017-10-05 01:11 PM

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

  • Affected QGIS version changed from 2.14.15 to 2.18.13
  • Category changed from Actions to Processing/GRASS
  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

I executed the same modules directly in GRASS7 (using a layer prepared for network analysis) and got the same results (in case of "nreport" no results)... so... how this operations of v.net are supposed to work? They really need just the arc input layer as the manual

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/v.net.html

seems to imply ("input=name Name of input vector line map (arcs)Required for operation 'nodes', 'connect', 'report' and 'nreport'")

or maybe other inputs are needed as the output for "report" and "nreport" seems to imply (i.e. "line_category start_point_category end_point_category")?

#2 Updated by Sergio Antonio almost 3 years ago

Following in your footsteps, I also checked the tools in GRASS7 and concluded that the results from v.net.report and v.net.nreport seem to be compatible with those obtained in QGIS (the problem is to understand GRASS and its manuals). All that remains is to fix the extensions of the output files.

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

  • Resolution set to up/downstream
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • Crashes QGIS or corrupts data changed from No to Yes

Sergio Antonio wrote:

Following in your footsteps, I also checked the tools in GRASS7 and concluded that the results from v.net.report and v.net.nreport seem to be compatible with those obtained in QGIS (the problem is to understand GRASS and its manuals). All that remains is to fix the extensions of the output files.

you have to set them manually in the output field in Processing. But if you want you can open a feature request and ask to have them added automatically.

Also available in: Atom PDF