Bug report #16895

markers rotation in map canvas and map composer

Added by Evgenia Sinieshtany almost 3 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Map Composer/Printing
Affected QGIS version:2.18.4 Regression?:Yes
Operating System: Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:invalid
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:24794

Description

When trying to rotate map in QGIS version 2.18 with point objects displayed as markers in map canvas\map composer problem happens with marker symbols - they have not been rotated. Consequently, the same problem is in the map composer.
So I have to rotate every symbol manually via layer properties dialog - style - marker - rotation. For point object symbols displayed as SVG markers rotation is OK.
In QGIS version 2.6 all works great!
Loaded files contains Qgis project, vector point layer and style for the layer + images.

point_obj.cpg (5 Bytes) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

point_obj.dbf (17.4 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

point_obj.prj (143 Bytes) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

point_obj.qml (28.4 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

point_obj.qpj (257 Bytes) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

point_obj.shp (1.63 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

point_obj.shx (548 Bytes) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:36 PM

picture 2.6 QGIS.PNG (12.4 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:42 PM

picture 2.18 QGIS.PNG (24 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:42 PM

rotation.qgs (41.1 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 12:49 PM

2.6 map composer.PNG (22.8 KB) Evgenia Sinieshtany, 2017-07-20 02:39 PM

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback
  • Regression? changed from No to Yes

Thanks for data and screenhots, but the project was not upload and would be very useful. Can you also update to 2.18.10 and see if it makes any difference? thanks.

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Open

thanks!

#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

QGIS 2.6 didn't had the map canvas rotation feature... what was the working version then?

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • Resolution set to invalid

I tried also 2.14 and 2.16 and the behavior is the same. Anyway the reason why you have some symbols rotating and other not is that for the latter you don't have activated the "data defined override (expression) as you did for the first. If you enable it you get the expected results.

#6 Updated by Evgenia Sinieshtany almost 3 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

QGIS 2.6 didn't had the map canvas rotation feature... what was the working version then?

Yes, I mean rotation in map composer - open please my project in 2.6 version and you will see in map composer everything was rotated (rotation value is 40 degrees)
(see the picture 2.6 map composer)

#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago

Evgenia Sinieshtany wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

QGIS 2.6 didn't had the map canvas rotation feature... what was the working version then?

Yes, I mean rotation in map composer - open please my project in 2.6 version and you will see in map composer everything was rotated (rotation value is 40 degrees)
(see the picture 2.6 map composer)

I see... but this is possible that was a by design change (need to have the "data defined override (expression)" option active), you should please ask in the Users and/or Developers mailing list (or on IRC), and if is confirmed that this should not be the intended (new) behavior we can reopen the ticket.

#8 Updated by Evgenia Sinieshtany almost 3 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Evgenia Sinieshtany wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

QGIS 2.6 didn't had the map canvas rotation feature... what was the working version then?

Yes, I mean rotation in map composer - open please my project in 2.6 version and you will see in map composer everything was rotated (rotation value is 40 degrees)
(see the picture 2.6 map composer)

I see... but this is possible that was a by design change (need to have the "data defined override (expression)" option active), you should please ask in the Users and/or Developers mailing list (or on IRC), and if is confirmed that this should not be the intended (new) behavior we can reopen the ticket.

Ouhh... I see everything is OK!
But now I have noticed some problem with labelling along lines, when printing in map composer - labels are shifted, I will prepare a project file and vector layer

Also available in: Atom PDF