Bug report #16813
Changing the setting 'Scan for valid items in browser' only works after restart of QGIS
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||24712|
In the browser you can either choose to only Check the extension of files, OR to Check the file contents to determine their visibility in the browser (and the Data Source Manager | Browser).
It is done via the option Settings/Options/Data Sources/Data source handling/Scan for valid items ...
BUT the change of the dropdown currently only takes place AFTER you restart QGIS (which I think is not nessecary)...
- create a Geopackage file (gpkg) with only 1 vector file and put it in a visible directory
- if you have the option 'Check extension' you will see the file 2 times: one time as vector and one time as raster (because a gpkg can handle both, and only looking into the extension does not reveal what the gpkg actually contains)
- if you have the option 'Check file contents' you will see the gpkg only once (as vector, if you only put vector data it it).
- now change the option and look into the browser again.
- Your change will not be seen UNTILL you restart QGIS
Not sure if the 'Treeview' is cached or if there is another reason, but I think the (re)setting should fire a Signal which should make the browser refresh it's view?