Bug report #16321
ArcGISFeatureServer New Connection Not working. Cannot add a layer from service
|Category:||Web Services clients/ArcGIS|
|Affected QGIS version:||2.18.4||Regression?:|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||24231|
As a QGIS user
I want to load a layer from an ArcGISFeatureServer
So that I can view the feature server layers on my map
- open QGIS 2.18.4
- right click on ArcGIS Feature Server > New Connection
- Name: AAFC: canadian_drought_monitor_editing
- URL: http://www.agr.gc.ca/atlas/rest/services/app_cdm_ssc/canadian_drought_monitor_editing/FeatureServer
- press OK
- No layer added to Layers panel
- No layer added to Browser panel
- it would be nice to add either of the following
- Service URL
- Present dialogue to select one or more layers to add
- Layer URL
- Present dialogue to select the one layer to add
- Maybe show other possible layers within the service?
- Service URL
- What about also providing an option to check for an OGC OWS equivalent service (WMS, WMTS, WCS etc)
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
As for the mapservice ticket you just created I can't replicate, kind of.
The connection works fine, the layer list is presented. In this case of the feature service of this specific service there is an error loading the layers. In the past I tested other feature services and worked fine. See attached images.
#4 Updated by Dave Sampson almost 3 years ago
I think I found the issue. It has been a while since I have used QGIS in all its workflows so it took a while to determine the issue and worked with another user to narrow down the issue.The issue seems to be in one of the many potential paths to add a layer. So lets go through them:
- QGIS Browser: ArcGISFeatureServer > New : WORKS
- Menu: Layer > Add Layer > Add ArcGis Featureserver Layer: WORKS
- Manage Layers Toolbar: Add WMS/ESRI vector layer > Add ArcGIS Feature Layer: WORKS
- Browser Panel: right click ArcGISFeatureServer item > New Connection: FAILS
So is seems the issue is with the browser panel within QGIS desktop.
Can anyone confirm that this workflow also fails for them?