Feature request #16320
Add ESRI Featureserver, Mapserver, ImageServer layers from Metasearch dialogue
|Category:||MetaSearch Catalogue Client|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
as a QGIS user
I want to use metasearch to discover and access ESRI Mapserver, IMageServer and Feature server service endpoints
So that I can select a search result, click a botton and pass the appropriate details to the QGIS Esri Mapserver and ESRI Feature server dialogues to add layers to my map
Feature Server Example:
- Given this CSW endpoint: http://csw.open.canada.ca/geonetwork/srv/csw?service=CSW&version=2.0.2&request=GetCapabilities
- Enter it into Metasearch (version 0.3.5)
- Search for: "critical habitat ec"
- Choose a record with ESRI service: "Critical Habitat - Species at risk - Canada"
- duble click record
- Under links notice ESRI links (duplicated): http://ec.gc.ca/arcgis/rest/services/SpeciesProtectRestore_Canada_CanadianWildlifeService/MapServer/2
- The goal is to have a button titled " ESRI Mapserver" in metasearch that would load this mapserver layer into the map
- Search for "Redberry Lake Biosphere Reserve"
- No examples within the CSW, however if you can create a static GetCap document that points to these servers you might be able to test that way
- QGIS Plugin: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/connector/
- QGIS AMS connector: Can't find docs
- QGIS AFS Connector: Can't find docs
[FEATURE] [needs-docs] MetaSearch: add support for ESRI MapServer/FeatureServer layer integration (fixes #16320)