Bug report #16220
Log Messages Panel minimizes irreversible after escape
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||24130|
Starting to use the Log Messages Panel during development more often, I think I hit the following issue:
Pressing the escape button while Log Messages Panel is undocked/floating, minimizes the panel irreversible.
Only a restart of QGIS makes it usable again.
To test (see screendumps):
- starting with a normal docked panel
- undock.make it float it via little icon in right corner
- click in the floating panel to make it the active one
- press the escape button (would normally close that window?)
- the panel minimizes it shape (hiding the tabs you normally see)
- you cannot resize the panel anymore
- even docking it again hides all information
I'm on Debian testing here, not sure if Windows has the same problems....
Tested both in master, 2.14 and 2.18
message log viewer: window isn't closeable and last tab has to stay
(cherry picked from commit e0c58eb7d7c1da5891bb4ee37a4ed8548c3ac1d1)
#1 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde over 3 years ago
Tested this on a Windows server, and here is is also an issue, but the issue is a little different:
- with a floating panel, press 'escape' then the panel is fully hidden (not resized to a minimum as you see on Linux).
But you cannot open it anymore too. Clicking the open message button in rightbottom corner of QGIS does NOT open the panel anymore...