Bug report #14227
Processing: Dissolve polygons (GDAL/OGR and GRASS v.dissolve) in the Modeler
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||22225|
Create a model
Add a Vector layer box
Add "Dissolve polygons" (GDAL/OGR)
Type the name of the field to be used in the dissolve
Modeler returns "Wrong or missing parameter"
The Dissolve tools from QGIS and SAGA don't have this problem. This makes this tool useless when the user wants to use Dissolve at the end of a long chain of processes.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Processing: Dissolve polygons (GDAL/OGR) in the Modeler to Processing: Dissolve polygons (GDAL/OGR and GRASS v.dissolve) in the Modeler
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.12.2 to master
- Target version changed from Version 2.14 to Future Release - High Priority
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Assignee changed from Giovanni Manghi to Victor Olaya
It is also true for GRASS.
The difference is that in GDAL and GRASS the list for dissolve fields is populated as a dropdown, in QGIS and SAGA is an open field.
Apparently the first type is not handled correctly in the modeller(?)
#3 Updated by Victor Olaya almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
It works fine here
The issue is that there are two params that require a field to be selected: "Dissolve field" and "Numeric attirbute to compute dissolved stats". They are both mandatory. If nothing is selected (or written) in there, it wont work
Maybe those params should be optional... (I don't know for sure if GDAL can run without them)
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
Victor Olaya wrote:
It works fine here
yes I checked on a clean install and you are right.
In the OGR module I made the necessary parameter optional (also in other modules) here