Bug report #14178
External Resource widget bugs
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||22180|
I have made thorough tests for the new External Resource widget and I have found some bugs which are pretty annoying.
I have a pending PR for the fix so I will not make a report for each bug but just an abstract of what I have found so far.
- When using External Resource widget, you can't add new values to layer using the widget: values are always discarded (just a return problem).
- External Resource widget don't store the filter configuration in the project (just a typo in the name of the attribute to store).
- When the field value is NULL and you are in RelativeStorage mode (whatever mode) and using a Label to display an URL, the relative path is displayed instead of the NULL string (just a return problem).
- Filter syntax needs to be explained (not so common for a non already Qt developper user): just add a tooltip on the filter LineEdit.
- DocumentViewerWidth and DocumentViewerHeight are not stored into .qgs project file (just add the two values to widgetfactory writeconfig).
- RelativeStorage is stored in the project file but it is not correctly read for the configuration (RelativeStorage stores an Int and not a string).
Last bug that I've not fixed in the PR:
- Whatever DocumentViewerWidth/Height you put into the widget configuration, image is always distorded to the current size of the control in the form.