Bug report #14171
"save as" raster as VRT adds a usless ".tif" to folder output name, output vrt file and ouput tiles
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||22173|
All version > 2.6.* affected.
Moreover the ouput VRT files gives an error when the option "add saved file to map" is left checked (but the vrt file loads ok if manually added).
A few weeks/months ago I could save a WMS to seperate tiles in a folder by right clicking the wms in qgis-layers and choosing "save as". I've done that several times.
If I try to save a WMS now, the dialog "save as" asks me for a folder just like before. But if I confirm the desired folder, it looks like the dialog box wants to handle the folder as a file and adds the ".tif" behind the foldername. If I confirm the dialog box, the popup appears, that tells me that its downloading the tile 1/x. The downloader also creates a folder with the name "foldername"+".tif" with an empty geotif in it. But in the same time the popup with the download-progress appears, qgis tells me, that there is an error. It tells me that the created "foldername"+".tif" is not a supported raster source.
I could reproduce the bug on different systems and with the qgis versions 2.12 to 2.12.3 and current 2.8.6 (LTR) and with several wms sources.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 4 years ago
- Target version set to Version 2.14
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.12.2 to master
- Operating System deleted (
Windows 7 64bit)
- Subject changed from Saving a WMS doesn't work to "save as" raster as VRT adds a usless ".tif" to folder output name, output vrt file and ouput tiles
- Priority changed from Normal to Severe/Regression
- Category changed from Web Services clients/WMS to Rasters