Feature request #13786
Include the closed source ESRI FileGeoDB library in standalone installer
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||21812|
The default QGIS install (2.12) doesn't include R/W access to ESRI FileGBs (it used to and it go dropped about 2.8). Given the popularity of Arc* products, shipping this should be part of the basic functionality of QGIS.
Here is a great example of another user frustrated with the same issue:
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Default Windows install includes the open filegdb driver, which is read only
using the osgeo4w installer you can install the driver based on the esri api/sdk, that also allow editing
I just tested on Windows/OSGeo4W with ESRI samples and it is ok
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Operating System deleted (
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request
- Subject changed from Default QGIS Windows install doesn't include R/W ESRI FileGeoDB to Include the closed source ESRI FileGeoDB library in standalone installer
- Resolution deleted (
- OS version deleted (
Corey Burger wrote:
Uhh, you missed my point. I want the default to innclude the ESRI API/SDK driver so that people can edit flegdb without going through the massive pain of installing via the advanced installer.
ok, but then is a feature request.