Bug report #13720
Disable some digitizing tools when point (non multipoint) layer is being edited
|Affected QGIS version:
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:
|end of life
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:
|Copied to github as #:
Toggle editing a point shapefile layer.
Are available advanced digitizing tools like Add Part, Delete Part, Merge Feature(s). I'm wondering why these tools are available for this type of layer since:
- trying to merge features states : "The union operation would result in a geometry type that is not compatible with the current layer and therefore is canceled"
- Add part : the parts are added with the clic but when saving the layer, there are vanished silently (should i open a specific ticket?)
- Delete part : impossible to test it since I wasn't able to add a multipart shapefile. Saving a postgis multipoint into shapefile only keeps the single part features.
I don't know if shapefile format doesn't allow multiparts point features or if it's QGIS that doesn't support it (creating a shapefile only offers point type no multipoint) but there should be coherence between tools available and capabilities.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 8 years ago
- Target version deleted (
- Subject changed from Digitizing tools available are not coherent with (multipart) shapefile editing capabilities to Disable some digitizing tools when point (non multipoint) layer is being edited
correct. Multi-point layers/shapefiles are certainly possible and the described tools work as expected with them. It is confusing to leave them active for non multi-point layers and so return to users error messages.
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR