Bug report #1329
Vector Properties dialog - Labels tab - several minor problems
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||All||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||worksforme|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||11389|
Vector Properties dialog - Labels tab - minor problems:
1. the Preview area does not show the current font and color settings on entering the dialog. This is confusing as it will change if the font dialog is canceled.
2. on entering the dialog, Buffer is the selected options panel, but is not indicated in the list. I believe that Font should be the selected one and be so indicated.
3. when the color buttons for Font or Buffer are used, if the Select Color dialog is Canceled the current color for the item changes to black.
4. on entry to the dialog, if the the Buffer labels? control is off, the Buffer size, Color, and Buffer size units controls are enabled. They should be disabled. Toggling Buffer labels? on, then off sets the controls' state as expected.
5. the Buffer Transparency control has no effect. It should be disabled if the feature is not currently available. This control is disabled initially, but is enabled after turning on label buffering.
6. How does the "Multiline labels?" control relate to buffering labels? It seems to me that this control should be placed somewhere else related to labels generally.
Tested with Windows and Linux.
#2 Updated by forestcomber - about 9 years ago
Not sure if this is the place for my comment... Not disagreeing with this bug report. Want to comment that label buffer transparency would be an excellent feature and hope difficuties with implementation does not lead to it being dropped. Thank-you for your work !
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 8 years ago
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Assignee deleted (
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Affected QGIS version set to master
Feedback needed. The old symbology engine is obsolete and due to be dropped. In the new symbology tools/engine it seems to me that the above issues are fixed or do not make sense. Voting to close the ticket.