Bug report #13091
Unexpected behaviour in QGIS when saving the duplicate of a point shape
|Affected QGIS version:||2.10.0||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows 7||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||21158|
I recognized an unexpexted behaviour in QGIS. I have a point shape and needed a copy of it to delete some points for some analyzing. When I finished editing the copy I was saving it and realized that it overwrites the original shape.
Here is what I did:
1. I loaded a point shape.
2. I duplicate the layer by left clicking on the layer and choosing 'Duplicate'.
3. I delete some points in the duplicated layer and finish it by clicking 'Save layer edits'.
4. When I refresh, the changes are also done for the original layer.
I know that I just create a duplicate of the layer and not the data, but I guess it would be better to have an option that asks if you want to overwrite the original shape file or if you want to save the duplicate as a new. Otherwise it is irritating and giving an unexpexted behaviour.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 6 years ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Category changed from Browser to Map Legend
As you said "duplicate" means duplicating the layer in the project, not duplicating the datasource. Please file a feature request instead. Cheers!