Feature request #12846
Save a shapefile to an EXISTING ESRI Geodatabase
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
I understand that it is possible to import file geodatabase in QGIS and edit these datasets.
I am also aware that it is possible to save a feature as a new file geodatabase.
I was wondering if there is any plans to implement a new way of;
1) Directly saving a feature to an existing file geodatabase and also to
2) Save the output from a Geoprocessing tool to an existing file geodatabase?
I read before that there are some limitations due to the proprietary nature of this dataset format but I would appreciate any feedback.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Open to Closed
1) I don't think is possible because of the limitations you already describe. Anyway better ask in the users/developers mailing lists then, if it turns out that is technically possible, open a specific feature request.
2) at the last developer meeting we briefly started to speak about this matter (for the Processing toolbox of course). While it is possible it would mean a whole lot of work, so it is highly improbable that will happen unless someone supports this work. Anyway the backend will not be (of course) a proprietary data format, the most probable candidates being spatialite/geopackage or postgis.