Bug report #12748
crash creating layer from delimited text file
|Category:||Data Provider/Delimited Text|
|Affected QGIS version:||2.8.2||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||20847|
hello. my name is zamir and i'am a new user for qgis. i want to report a bug that i encountered.
Right now im doing the tutorial for points in polygon analysis by Ujaval Gandhi.
1. i want to create a new layer from a delimited text file, file name signif.txt
2. the encoding is system
3. the layer settings is (checked) use spatial index.
4. when i click OK, this crashed qgis.
5. but when i unchecked the use spatial index, it does not crash qgis.
6. btw, im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit and using qgis 2.8.2 64 bit. im guessing this is problem with my windows because my other classmates did not have any problem. i also tried version 2.8.1 64bit on similar laptop and crash also happened.
7. there are lots of other crashes that i encountered but i figured that this problem is the starting point.
im on training for qgis so if you could please assist me on this it would be a great help. thanks a bunch!
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from create layer from delimited text file to crash creating layer from delimited text file
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data changed from No to Yes
- Target version set to Version 2.10
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Category set to Data Provider/Delimited Text
Please attach the offending csv file.
#2 Updated by zamir rasid over 5 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- File signif.txt added
dear Giovanni Manghi,
thank you for your feedback. it seems that i have solved this issue by updating my windows 7.
as i mentioned earlier i have encountered other problems as well, and thank goodness all of these problem was resolved after i updated my win 7 via windows update!
again, thank you very much for assisting me.
hope that QGIS and your team will continue to prosper.
keep up the good work!