Bug report #12649
inconsistencies in editing tools when working on a postgis layer without primary key
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||20762|
Not sure if this is a regression.
Add a postgis layer without primary.
Toggling editing is possible but:
- only the "add feature" tool is active. New feature can be added and the layer can be saved by toggling editing (the "save edits" tool is disabled as it is the node tool, the "move features" tool, the "delete selected" and the "cut features" ones).
- in the advanced digitizing toolbar the only active tools are simplify, reshape, split and merge selected, but none of them as any effect.
#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
Matthias Kuhn wrote:
Do you have an idea how to modify (send an update to the db) an existing feature without a primary key?
no I don't. Anyway I'm not sure why you asked. This ticket is just about the fact that in this cases qgis gui/tools are not consistent. If there is any intrinsic limitation about editing such layers then all the editing tools should be disabled. On the other hand if there are no particular limitations then editing tools should be enabled.
#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR