Bug report #12387
Value map fields are always treated as text
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||duplicate|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||20561|
I have a PostGIS layer with a numeric field, which is configured to "Value Map" edit widget.
When I’m editing the field value in attribute table panel, I get a dropdown list of mapped descriptions, but when I choose one, the value in a table doesn’t change to what I've chosen.
When I edit the same field through an Edit Feature form, the value does change. Can anyone confirm if it’s a bug?
I'm running QGIS 2.8 on OS X 10.10.2 installed with Homebrew.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 5 years ago
- Subject changed from No changes when editing value mapped field in attribute table panel to Value map fields are always treated as text
- Target version changed from Version 2.8 to Future Release - Nice to have
- Category changed from Attribute table to Edit widget
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.8.1 to master
- OS version deleted (
- Operating System deleted (
This is because the value map treat the list always as text. There is already a ticket about this issue, but is more because of the "wrong" list ordering when the list is made of numbers. I guess that when it will be possible to specify that a value map has to be considered a number list then both issue will be solved.