Bug report #12222
Remove output format dropdown for backends other than QGIS
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||20410|
When in Processing the user chooses to save the output not in a temporary file, then is presented with a dialog that allows to choose the output format, but actually this works ok (seems) only for QGIS tools, for other backends the result is usually a folder named like (example) "myoutput.kml" with a shapefile inside.
In the Processing Toolbox is available at GDAL / OGR the opportunity to convert to different formats (OGR conversions). For some formats (XLSX, PDF, ODS) in the Save As dialog box may not be the appropriate format selected so that the conversion is not possible.
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 4 years ago
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.6.0 to master
- Category changed from Processing/GDAL to Processing/Core
- Subject changed from Processing OGR Convert Format to Remove output format dropdown for backends other than QGIS
#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 4 years ago
I changed the title ti better reflect the real issue. In the OGR convert format tool you must ignore that dropdown in that dialog and just choose the output format from the list in the tool main window, this way you can indeed save as pdf, odt and xlsx.
#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to end of life
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR