Bug report #12151
composer map item content shifts downwards when zoom level greater than 800%
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||20344|
Since QGIS 2.6, the content of a map item will incrementally shifts downwards as the zoom level increases when starting at 800%. It effectively prevents using an extreme zoom value to fine-tune the location of a composer element (say an arrow item) and the content of a map item.Steps to reproduce:
- Open an existing QGIS project
- Create a composer, or open an existing composer which has a map item
- Make sure the map item you'll use is set to "cache"
- Set the composer zoom level to 800%, pan the composer sheet so the map item's content is visible, and hit the map item's "Update preview" button
- Set the composer zoom level to 825%, and hit the map item's "Update preview" button again
- You'll notice the map item's content begins to shift downwards
- Repeat the operation with zoom levels 850%, 875%, 900%, etc. to see the map item's content slowly sicking downwards :)
I'm setting this as a blocker, Nyall, feel free to downgrade if you think it shouldn't be set to such a high priority.