Bug report #11606

Crash and file corruption

Added by Niccolo' Marchi almost 6 years ago. Updated almost 6 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:-
Affected QGIS version:2.6.0 Regression?:No
Operating System:Windows Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:fixed/implemented
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:Yes Copied to github as #:19862

Description

I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.6.
Quitting QGIS creates a minidump and the last time made the project file unusable ("errore while reading the file. unexpected end of the file ect"). Unfortunately it did it also while working (styling layers, zooming in/out); disabling the MTR seems to work.
I already tested without plugins having seen #11600 and many others.

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

a nasty bug this has been fixed in master and backported to 2.6 branch. You should try qgis master too.

another thing you should do is to (backup and) delete .qgis2, restart qgis and try again (it is not caused by plugins, but other configs in .qgis2).

#2 Updated by Niccolo' Marchi almost 6 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:
another thing you should do is to (backup and) delete .qgis2, restart qgis and try again (it is not caused by plugins, but other configs in .qgis2).

it was the first thing done, as suggested in other posts. Then I tried with plugins and then with mtr.

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 6 years ago

Niccolo' Marchi wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:
another thing you should do is to (backup and) delete .qgis2, restart qgis and try again (it is not caused by plugins, but other configs in .qgis2).

it was the first thing done, as suggested in other posts. Then I tried with plugins and then with mtr.

you should also test master (with mtr) and see if it still crashes. Thanks.

#4 Updated by Niccolo' Marchi almost 6 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

a nasty bug this has been fixed in master and backported to 2.6 branch. You should try qgis master too.

installed 2.7 master: no problems yet.
thank you very much!

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 6 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed/implemented
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

reopen if necessary.

Also available in: Atom PDF