Bug report #11184
When storing only the username of a protected WMS connection, then QGIS asks for the password on start
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||19497|
When storing only the username of a protected WMS connection, then QGIS asks for the password on start, but only if the browser is active. It happens even on a blank project, while the expected behavior would be to have the password asked only when selecting that specific connection in the browser. QGIS 1.8 used to work as expected.
When storing only the username in a WMS connection, the password is asked everytime QGIS is open.
In the note about saving password, it's written:
Note: giving the password is optional. It will be requested interactivly, when needed.
Ok, it ask me only the password when connecting to this WMS, but also when starting QGIS without any layers, which is not really optimal...
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 6 years ago
- Operating System deleted (
- Category changed from Web Services clients/WMS to Browser
- Subject changed from Store only username in WMS connection to When storing only the username of a protected WMS connection, then QGIS asks for the password on start
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.2.0 to master
- Priority changed from Normal to Severe/Regression