Bug report #10878
"Symbology export" does not work when saving as shapefile(?)
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||19246|
in vector "save as..." dialog there in option "symbology export" that is active but does not seems to work when saving (example) shapefiles. As user I would expect to have also a .qml saved along the shape.
Could next version include option "create style file", "save also style" or something similar.
It will be usefull to share files with styles, or to store a resulting layer.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 8 years ago
- Tracker changed from Feature request to Bug report
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Affected QGIS version set to master
- Target version set to Future Release - Nice to have
- Subject changed from Improving "save as" to "Symbology export" does not work when saving as shapefile(?)
The option is there (export symbology) but does not seems to apply to all formats, at least does not apply to shapefiles, and this is kind of confusing.
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 3 years ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR