Bug report #10672
regression: impossible to paste polygon into newly created shapefile
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||19071|
- Create a new project, and add the attached polygon shapefiles (provinces.shp and rcaf_regions.shp)
- Turn rcaf_regions layer's edit mode on.
- On the provinces layer, select the polygon with PROV_NAME equating 'Kampong Thom' (it's the middle one to the right of the inner empty space)
- Copy the polygon
- Try and paste the polygon onto the rcaf_region layer, it will reject with the following message bar: "no features could be successfully pasted"
This is highly problematic, and works perfectly fine under QGIS 2.2.
TODO: check if other OGR drivers have similar restrictions.
(cherry picked from commit 8289891b78953581f22e944565e0e1c9678a09c3)
#3 Updated by Denis Rouzaud about 7 years ago
- File pasteshape.zip added
The problem is that the feature is multipart but the destination layer is known as single part, so nothing can be paste.
I believe the problem is that shapefiles should always (?) be considered as multipart.
I am not sure where to handle this.
in QGisApp::editPaste: if layer is shape, force multi in conversion?