Feature request #10670
status bar needs some love
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||19069|
I think the bottombar needs some design/gui love...
Playing with a custom list of predefined scales I had a better look on the bottom bar (the bar beneath the map) of QGIS desktop.
I was working in epsg:28992 and the scales never looked right, because at higher scales the '1:x" part was to big for the given textline.
Thinking it had something todo with the crs, I changed to 3857 (google) and 4326 (latlon), but it never got better....
- make the scale item a little bigger (not sure if it is so small because of eg android devices??)
- remove the borders/frames from the text items (have to look if they look different in windows....)
- maybe make the textlines for coordinate and scale dynamic sized? Not constantly, but as soon as the textsize is bigger then the available space, add 20px to it.
- when OTF (on the fly projection) is disabled you see a grey-out crs. when it is on it is black. Maybe skip that (it IS extra info though..)
- the frame of the Render checbox is bigger then the other ones
- Coordinate and Extents has a colon next to it, Scale does NOT?
- Not sure of this one: the text says: Coordinate (OK), but extents (isn't it extent?)?
- message bar icon is not available anymore as soon as you open it and then close it (it does not come back)