Feature request #10312
Legend/Layer tree should show active rules used for rendering
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||18737|
This issue concerns the situation of rendering a layer with rule-based rendering so, that the map scale affects the styling of the layer. When I create a legend with having such layer on the map, each of the scale dependent stylings appear in the legend although only one of them is used on the map.
In my opinion, QGIS should notice this and show only the styling that is used for the scale used in the map that is connected to the legend.
1. Create rule-based styling with multiple rules for some data.
2. Set the min scale and max scale properties for the layer so that the same features are rendered with different style depending on the map scale level.
3. Create a legend for a map. Multiple styles are shown in the legend while only one of them is used in the map, corresponding to the map scale.
Discussion is welcome, if needed!
#1 Updated by Jürgen Fischer over 6 years ago
- Category set to GUI
- Subject changed from Legend creation when having a rule-based rendered layer with min scale and/or max scale determined to Legend/Layer tree should show active rules used for rendering
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request