Bug report #10159
identity result panel should appear if previously closed when identity tool finds match(es)
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||18616|
On QGIS master, following commit jef-n's 0c520391ae68e44165e46228016a43eae395c315, while the identity result panel shows up upon first clicking on the identity tool, it doesn't re-appear if closed by the user. It's confusing and probably not an optimal user experience.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load a project
2. Click on the identity tool
3. Close the identity result panel
4. Click on a different tool, then go back to identity tool
5. Select a feature, and notice the absence of the identity result panel
IMO, the best behavior would be the following:
1. If the identity result panel isn't visible upon first time the user clicks on the identity tool, it should show up.
2. If the identity result panel was closed by the user following first use of identity tool, it should automatically show up if the user clicks on the canvas and positively matches a feature to identity.