7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012¶
- 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012
- Period and location
- Dining (Evenings)
- Individual Preparation
- About Lyon
Period and location¶
April 12th-16th 2012, Lyon (France)
Lyon is the second city in France, conveniently located on the RhÃ´ne valley. See at the bottom for some pointers to the city attractions.
Note that Lyon will also host the WWW2012 conference (with Tim Berners Lee and more) from 16th to 20th : http://www2012.wwwconference.org/
Download a free map of Lyon: http://maposmatic.org/maps/?query=lyon
University of Lyon 1
UniversitÃ© de MÃ©decine et de Pharmacie Grange Blanche et Lyon Nord
8 avenue Rockefeller, 69008 Lyon
- 12th-15th : Room 106 (8am - 10pm)
- 16th : Room 110 (8am - 5pm)
Of course you are invited to join or leave the meeting whenever you want.
Sponsors¶We have 4 sponsors for the event :
- 3Liz ( http://www.3liz.com )
- Camptocamp ( http://www.camptocamp.com )
- Oslandia ( http://www.oslandia.com )
- Services geographiques ( http://servicesgeographiques.com )
- QGIS Swiss user group
- Price: from 22 Â (breakfast included)
- AJ du Vieux Lyon 41-45, montÃ©e du Chemin Neuf 69005 - Lyon
- line D, 5 stations away (~ 10-15 mn)
- link: http://www.fuaj.org/lyon#
RÃ©sidence hÃ´teliÃ¨re Odalys Bioparc¶
- Price: ~ 50 Â (for a flat for two persons) to 80 Â (single room)
- 60, Avenue Rockefeller, Maison de la Danse, 69008 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/A6MvWt
Adagio Access Lyon Mermoz¶
- Price: ~ 66 Â
- 14, rue Jaqueline Auriol, Ã l'angle du 55 Avenue Jean Mermoz, Maison de la Danse, 69008 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/y03X7M
Residhotel Lyon Part Dieu¶
- Price: 105 Â for 4 persons (~ 30 Â par person)
- 79, Bvd Marius Vivier Merle, La Part-Dieu, 69003 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/y9yH1n
HÃ´tel de Noailles¶
- Price: ~ 21 Â per night
- 30, Cours Gambetta. - Station : Saxe-Gambetta, 69007 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/xJp2lO
Some other hotels can be found here : http://bit.ly/y814j2
Cheap accommodation can be found in Accor hotel if you book 1 month before the date. Two hotels are close the hack fest (Adagio Access Lyon and Mercure Lyon Lumiere) http://www.accorhotels.com/f
3 rue Verdi
=> 8 pm at the restaurant
- 1 beer or 1 red wine glasse
2012.04.14: make your choice
Lyon can be reached by plane, train, car, foot, bicycle, ...
Lyon's airport is "Lyon Saint ExupÃ©ry" aka "LYS". It's outside the city, approximately 30 minutes away.
There are a lot of connexions with many cities in Europe and abroad, and some low-cost flights as well.
Airport's website : http://www.lyonaeroports.com/eng
From the airport to the train station¶
There is a tramway going directly from the airport to the train station, every 15min. Trip duration : 30 min.
Website : http://www.rhonexpress.fr/
Try to group arrivals at the airport, and we'll manage to pick you up, as the tramway is quite expensive.
Lyon is 2h away from Paris by train (TGV), and it could be more convenient and cheaper to land in Paris and take a train to Lyon. Most travel agencies can arrange a combo ticket.
Lyon is not far from Geneva, but there are not a lot of trains between Geneva and Lyon. It may be easier to land in Geneva though.
There are different train stations in Lyon. Be sure to arrive at "Lyon Part Dieu".
You can check schedules and buy your tickets online.
SNCF's website : http://www.voyages-sncf.com
Some travel times : Paris 2h, Marseille 1h40, Lille 3h, Brussels 3h30Â
By car¶Some journey durations :
- Paris 4h
- Geneva 1h30
- Turin 3h
- Barcelona 5h
From Â«Lyon Part-DieuÂ» train station to the venue¶
The venue is a few stations away from the main train station. You can come by bus (no connection) or with the metro.
Go out of the train station on the "Vivier Merle" side (western side, aka "RhÃ´ne side"). If you came with the Rhonexpress tramway you'll have to go through the train station to the other side.
Cross the little place, and walk toward the big shopping center called "Centre commercial Part Dieu" with big ad screens. You'll see a lot of tramways and buses.
Find the C13 bus and take it towards Grange Blanche. Get off at the last stop, Grange Blanche. Continue walking 100m on avenue Rockefeller and you will find the university's entrance.
You should need 30min altogether.
C13 schedule and stops : http://tcl.fr/plugins/horaires/pdf/2011_08_29_ligneC13.pdf
You can plan your trip on http://tcl.fr/
Metro¶From Part Dieu to Grange Blanche you can also take the metro :
- At the "Part Dieu" train station take line B towards Stade de Gerland
- Get off at this stop: Saxe Gambetta
- Connect to MÃ©tro D going towards Gare de VÃ©nissieux
- Get off at this stop: Grange Blanche
It's a 30min journey too.
Link to the web site (price, map, etc.): http://www.tcl.fr/index.asp
Price: 1.60 Â (one ticket - 2 Â in the bus) - 14.3 Â for 10 tickets - Ticket LibertÃ© 1 day: 4,90 Â
There are taxis at the Â«Part DieuÂ» train station, just outside the station on the Â«AlpesÂ» side (eastern side).
- Users Feedback
- Point of the plugin situation
- User ratings / comments
- Better integration/link with QGIS hub
- Presentation of plugins within QGIS: display of metadata's short description and link to homepage
- Approval rules (i.e. binaries, licence issues)
- git and redmine workflows
- Documentation: migration to Sphinx
- Add your own !
|0||Mr Example||France||10.04 (17h)||14.04 (8h30)||Hotel Californi||Cloud Geo Design 2.0 support|
|1||Vincent Picavet||France||11/04/12||15/04/12 11h||Local||Local contact|
|3||Yves Jacolin||France||11/04/12||14/04/12||Adagio Access Lyon||Local contact|
|4||Marco Hugentobler||Switzerland||12/04/12 (14:26)||14/04/12 (18:04)||Adagio Access Lyon|
|5||Giovanni Manghi||Portugal||13/04/12 late||16/04/12 late||Adagio Access Lyon||Discussion topics: rasters in QGIS, improving default style/selection colors for polygons, setting up the official testing team|
|6||Mathias Walker||Switzerland||12/04/12 (14:26)||14/04/12 (18:04)||Adagio Access Lyon|
|7||Otto Dassau||Germany||13/04/12 (10:05)||15/04/12 (18:45)||Adagio Access Lyon|
|8||Jean-Roc Morreale||France||12/04/12||16/04/12||Adagio Access Lyon|
|9||Werner Macho||Austria||12/04/12 (13:00)||16/04/12 (14:00)||Adagio Access Lyon|
|10||Paolo Cavallini||Italy||12/04/12 (approx. 18:00)||16/04/12 late||Adagio Access Lyon|
|11||Giuseppe Sucameli||Italy||12/04/12 (approx. 18:00)||TBD||Adagio Access Lyon|
|12||MichaÃ«l Douchin||France||12/04/12 (13h)||13/04/12 (18:00)||Relatives|
|13||RenÃ©-Luc D'Hont||France||13/04/12 (9:00)||13/04/12 (15h30)||none||QGIS Server|
|14||JÃ¼rgen E. Fischer||Germany||2012-04-12T16:05||2012-04-16T12:05||Adagio Access Lyon Mermoz|
|15||Martin Dobias||Slovakia||12/04/12 late||15/04/12 late||private|
|16||Mathieu Bossaert||France||14/04/2012||15/04/2012||Adagio Access Lyon|
|18||Pirmin Kalberer||Switzerland||12/04/12 (14:26)||14/04/12 (18:04)||Adagio Access Lyon|
|19||Mehdi Semch.||France||12/04/12)||13/04/12||Local contact|
|20||Tim Sutton||South Africa||tbc||tbc||tbc|
|21||Bertrand Chaussat||France||12/04/12 late||13/04/12 late||TBD|
|22||Horst DÃ¼ster||Switzerland||12/04/12 afternoon||16/04/12 afternoon||Adagio Access Lyon||WPS and SEXTANTE|
|24||Paolo Corti||Italy||13/04/12 (flight arrives at 16:35)||16/04/12 (flight starts at 17:05)||Campanile Lyon Centre|
|25||CÃ©dric MÃ¶ri||Switzerland||12/04/12 afternoon||16/04/12 afternoon||Adagio Access Lyon||QGIS 1.8|
|26||Hugo Mercier||France||12/04/12 afternoon||16/04/12 afternoon||TBD|
|27||Marco Bernasocchi||Switzerland||13/04/12 Morning||16/04/12 Morning||Adagio Access Lyon||Android Python bindings, mobile GUI|
|28||Roger Maurer||Switzerland||13/04/12 morning||14/04/12 afternoon||Adagio Access Lyon||Documentation|
|29||Ian Packham||Ireland||12/04/12 flight arrives 15:10||16/04/12 flight departs 15:50||Adagio Access Lyon||Python plugins, GDAL (PostGIS), Docs|
|30||Julien Malik||France||12/04/12 flight arrives 09:35||14/04/12 flight departs 21:50||Adagio Access Lyon||OrfeoToolbox provider for Sextante|
- Bring your own computer. Better with a power bar and long cable, and ethernet cable (we'll provide some, and wifi, but better more than less).
- Install git and the compiler tools, and come with a working QGIS development environment if possible.
- Is the QGIS Hackfest just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the QGIS project and/or are committed to improving the QGIS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working qgis implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of openGIS software
- Is the QGIS Hackfest for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the hackfest?
- Contact OSGeo-fr at <conferences at osgeo.asso.fr> or directly Vincent Picavet <vincent.picavet at oslandia.com>
- www 2012 conference, 16th-20th april : http://www2012.wwwconference.org/
- Things to see include FourviÃ¨re, the old city, the opera and place des terreaux, the fine arts museum, Parc de la TÃªte d'Or, La sucriÃ¨re...
- Lyon is well-known for its gastronomy. Do not miss a traditionnal "Bouchon Lyonnais" with its andouillette and a Cote du RhÃ´ne