Bug report #18243
No automatic reconnection when connection lost using Oracle data sources
|Affected QGIS version:||3.0.0||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||windows 10 x64||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||26134|
- I have created a QGIS project with several layers based on Oracle data sources.
- I am running QGIS 3.0 on a Windows machine.
- I hibernate my machine and leave work for today.
- The next morning I resume my work and when I wake my machine again QGIS doesn't draw the Oracle based layers.
- I get the following python warning/error message:
Error: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
- To try to work around the problem I then save the project and reload it hoping QGIS will reconnect.
- When reloading the project QGIS cannot find the sources for the Oracle based layers and my only option is to press Cancel and let QGIS remove my layers.
- My project is lost or I need to revert to a previous saved copy (if I have one) where I had connection while saving the project (I ticked the Crashes QGIS or corrupts data due to this).
- I would expect QGIS to try to reconnect the layers if the connection is lost.
- Secondary QGIS could give me the option to click reconnect somewhere.
P.S.: I tried just hibernating my computer and wake it immediately afterwards, and the connection persist, making it more difficult to reproduce.