Developer Meeting June 1, 2007¶
- Location: #qgis-meeting on irc.freenode.net
- Time: http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=6&day=1&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=456&p2=268&p3=43&p4=18
- Length: 1 hour
- Development Strategy
- Maintain stable API: Actually not stable but one that doesn't break things without a substantial reason to do so.
- Formalization of process: Marco will work on coming up with suggestions to formalize the process.
- Use RFC process for major changes: Marco will address this as part of the formalization process.
- Unit testing (TS): Start writing tests for new code and for old classes as bugs are fixed. Maybe a test writing marathon once a month or so
- Release Schedule
- 0.9 (or whatever Python Bindings release will be)
- rough roadmap for 0.10
- GUI Changes
- Move Python console menu item from Plugins (it's not a plugin) to a more appropriate place (Tools?)
- New developers
- Recruitment options
- Priority development areas
- Map composer
- Core plugins
- Python support improvements
- Vector data handling
- More refactoring
- Nightly builds
- Weekly snapshots (source and binary for some platforms)