14th QGIS Developer Meeting in Gran Canaria Nov 5th-8th 2015¶
Period and location¶
- Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Oficina de Software libre de la Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Ayuntamiento de las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
If you have questions please write to:
Pablo FernÃ¡ndez Moniz
Phone:+34 669698111 (WhatsApp available)
Abstract of facilities, restaurants, bus etc here
Opening: 9.20 am on 5 November
Closing: 20.00 on 8 November
Local organizer invite you to participate in a small introduction or next steps in QGIS the first morning. Feel free to propose any topic/informal speech.
There is a special offer in a hotel near the University
Prices (Hotel confirmation needed when you make the reservation)
Double Standard about: Â 63.90 room / day
Â· Double for single use about: Â 59.40 room / day
Â· Double Superior (for one or two people) about: Â 70.20 room / day
From 03/11 to 09/11. Procedure for the reservation:For booking firm, please send an email to [email protected] (or call by telephone: +34 928 368 000) with the REFERENCE: Rva 8989 and completing the following data before 20-oct-/2015 (edited, it was to November, but there was a misunderstanding with the hotel, I will give you feedback soon).
Reference: 8989 Rva
Name and surname:
Requested room type:
Smoker (subject to availability):
Number of occupants:
Credit card number and expiration date: NOTE We have contact with the hotel to get a safer way to give credit cards information. If you want an alternative to email, you can do it by telephone: +34 928 368 000
Payment is made directly at the Hotel reception upon arrival
- Note of the data on your credit card for the only purpose of guaranteeing your reservation will be taken as no charge will be made in the same, except that our policies for cancellation / modification breach
The reservation is not guaranteed until confirmed, may increase the rate depending on occupation, or even not be available
CANCELLATION FEES / modification.
In case of no show the appointed day without notice, or cancels / amend the reservation less than 24 hours in advance (From 12:00 the day before arrival) debit will be equivalent to the amount of one night, in the credit card used to make the reservation, as a penalty.
Check-in time from 14 hrs.
Check-out time as the limit at 12 hrs. Noon. If you want a rear exit to the indicated, we ask you to inform the reception upon arrival. The cost is 6 Â / hour limit until 18 hrs.
Please e-mail this to ensure acceptance of these terms.
About 100 meters away.
Own limited places, so please book the square at the time of booking accommodation. Daily cost 10 Â / per car.
EXCURSIONS. Ask about our variety of tours at reception
Center and north of the island, with hotel pickup
Routes through the old town
Visit the Palmitos Park, with hotel pickup
Enjoy a massage / relax during their stay on the island
Breakfast: L-V 7:00 hrs. 10:00 hrs. S-D and holidays from 08:00 hrs. 11:00 hrs.
Lunch: L-D 13:00 hrs. 16:00 hrs.
Dinner: L-D 20:00 hrs. 23:00 hrs.
- If you book your accommodation before their arrival at the Hotel, only leave you 10 Â per person / meal
There are a big concetration of hotels in the city beach "Las Canteras". Just note that it is about 45 min walking from the University. A budget option in this zone should be: http://www.catalinapark-laspalmas.com
Snacks and coffee will be provided by the local organizers.
There are also severals restaurants, pizza and bars near the University facilities
Bus route 60 connects the island's capital and the airport.
Las Palmas (San Telmo) - Airport Â2.30 Las Palmas (Santa Catalina) - Airport Â2.95
To the Airport:
First departure: 5:45.
Last departures: 21:40 and 22:40.
From 6:00 to 20:00: two buses an hour (6:00, 6:45, 7:00, 7:45, etc).
To Las Palmas de Gran Canaria:
Last departures: 21:15, 22:15 and 23:15.
6:00 to 20:15: two buses an hour (6:15, 6:50, 7:15, 7:50, etc).
Guaguas Municipales lines 2, 11, 25, 81 y L3.
Guaguas (city) (Bus Transport)
Global (Island) (Bus Transport)
- Generic Help System (Richard, Werner, Lene, ??)
- We discussed this earlier, would be cool to start doing it...
- Implement the json -> rst for expression help
- Website and Documentation
- Introduce more people to the building of the site + docs (docker) (Richard, Anita, )
- Move foss4g labs into sites (Lene, ?)
- Implement the 'feature'-hook in github (Marco B had already proof of concept)
- Merge chinese translations from transifex (Werner, )
- Summer School NÃ¸debo 2016
- Planning 2 weeks of workshops at University of Copenhagen - NÃ¸debo in August 2016 (Lene, Anita, ??)
- discuss test suite implementation
- try UX improvements https://github.com/volaya/QGIS/tree/ux_improvements and provide feedback (Anita, ??)
Register both here¶
|#||Participant||Country||Arrival||Arrival Time/Airport||Arrival flight number||Departure||Departure Time/Airport||share||Accomodation||Notes||Room no||T-Shirt Size|
|2||Richard Duivenvoorde||The Netherlands||4.11||16.05||FR7736||11.11||6.15||with Raymond||Hotel Parque||via booking.com||[email protected]||1||XL|
|3||Raymond Nijssen||The Netherlands||4.11||16.05||FR7736||11.11||6.15||with Richard||Hotel Parque||via booking.com||[email protected]||1||M|
|8||Jose Miguel Santana||Spain||-||-||-||-||-||XL|
|9||Paolo Cavallini||Italy||1.11||15:55||FR1418||8.11||6:45||if needed||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||?||L|
|10||JÃ¼rgen Fischer||Germany||05.11||15:55||FR6671||11.11||10:40||-||Hotel Parque||via opodo||[email protected]||?|
|11||Luigi Pirelli||Spain/Italy||Nov 4||13:25||IB3822||Nov 9||17:35||Giovanni||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||?||M|
|12||Roberto Angeletti||Italy||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||if needed||Not booked yet||-||[email protected]||?|
|13||Matthias Kuhn||Switzerland||4.11.||8:50||AB2087||9.11.||13:50||Marco||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||3||S|
|14||Giovanni Manghi||Portugal||4.11||13:05||IB3822||8.11||18:00||Luigi||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||2||XL|
|15||Marco Bernasocchi||Switzerland||4.11.||8:50||AB2087||9.11.||13:50||Matthias||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||3||L|
|16||Radim Blazek||Czechia||4.11||16:35||QS2040||11.11||17:25||-||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||XL|
|17||Denis Rouzaud||CH||4.11||17:55||8.11||11:10||single||Hotel Parque||:)||[email protected]||?|
|18||Alessandro Pasotti||Italy||5.11||TBA||8.11||TBA||-||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||?||L|
|19||Arnaud Morvan||France||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||if needed||Not booked yet||-||[email protected]||?|
|20||Carlos LÃ³pez Quintanilla||Spain||4.11||8:50||D85750||9.11||9:40||David Erill||airbnb||Paseo TomÃ¡s Morales, 50||[email protected]||?||L|
|21||David Erill||Spain||4.11||8:50||D85750||9.11||9:40||Carlos LÃ³pez||airbnb||Paseo TomÃ¡s Morales, 50||[email protected]||?||L|
|22||Werner Macho||Austria||5.11.||10:35||IB3826||8.11.||06:40||Hotel Parque||-||[email protected]||?||XL|
|23||StÃ©phane Brunner||Switzerland||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||if needed||Not booked yet||-||[email protected]||?|
|24||Lene Fischer||Denmark||4.11||Morning||7.11||12:15||Anita||Airbnb||-||[email protected]|
|25||Anita Graser||Austria||5.11||14:25||8.11||15:05||Lene||Airbnb||-||[email protected]|
|26||Hugo Mercier||France||4.11||22:00||AF4822||7.11||7:05||Hotel Parque||[email protected]||M|
|27||Fred EthÃ¨ve||France||5.11.||12:55||FR7724||7.11.||?||Hotel Parque||booked||[email protected]||?||L|
|28||Manuel de la Calle||Spain||4.11.||6.11.||?||Hotel Parque||booked||[email protected]||?||L|
|29||Tudor B?r?scu||Romania||4.11.||08:40||FR2031||9.11.||06.55||if needed||Hotel Boji||booked||tudor.barascu (at) qtibia.ro||?||L|
- Bring your own computer (and power supply!). Better with a power bar, "compatible plug" and long cable, and ethernet cable (we'll provide wifi, but better you have a cable, too).
- Install git and the compiler tools, and come with a working QGIS development environment if possible.
Recommended old town route: http://www.grancanaria.com/patronato_turismo/Vegueta-Route.29314.0.html
- Is the QGIS Hackfest just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the QGIS project and/or are committed to improving the QGIS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working qgis implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of openGIS software
- Is the QGIS Hackfest for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the hackfest?
- Contact ???
About the area¶
Zone of the event: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0b4n70enqqx0bd/general_information.pdf?dl=0
About the city: http://www.lpavisit.com/en/
About the Island: http://www.grancanaria.com/patronato_turismo/283.0.html